Tuesday, February 8, 2011

preparations

we are on our 6th straight day out of school. wow. never thought i would actually get tired of snow days. but i am. and i miss my kids. THERE, i said it. AND we have 100% chance of more snow tonight/tomorrow......like 5-10".......pretty sure we will be out the rest of this week....here in OK we just aren't equipped with the resources to deal with all of this snow....

anyhoo.....i AM prepared.....i went to the store last night.....and more importantly, went to Hobby Lobby.  I bought more fabric, ANOTHER glue gun (shhh, please don't tell my hubby...i have like 5-6 now.....yes, it's pathetic and a sickness). I bought two twin sheets for the lining of my curtains, and 14 yards of turquoise pompom fringe for $4.62..SERIOUSLY?  i got a heck of a deal on that.....not sure EXACTLY what i'm going to do with it, but i have a few plans.

I have several projects i would like to do, and since i am posting on here what they are, MAYBE, just maybe i will feel obligated to finish and share them......MAYBE!

so, i'm still trying to figure out what direction i am going with this blog.....i have a few ideas....one is that i show some of my projects and give tutorials, the other is that i just blog me, with projects, tutorials, cooking, and my life......OR, all of the above.......but for now, im just going to do what i have been doing........maybe the summer and breaks could be for tutorials....who knows.......

well, i took a break this afternoon from the computer, ventured out, and went to Hobby Lobby again...i know...another sickness of mine....

but i have some very exciting news.......are you ready?  the ice machine in my fridge IS WORKING again.........YIPPEE!!!!!  This is big news at my house.....no more ice trays, or bagged ice......just press the button and voila.....i know...its the simple things.

i would like to say that i got out to have dinner with some of my teacher friends, and it was hilarious......we have been out of school for over a week and met for dinner last night, so as soon as we sit down our mouths ran 90 to nothing the whole time....it was awesome.......man, we REALLY needed that....maybe it will sustain us through the rest of snowmageddy or whatever they are calling it......i just call it heavenly......the unexpected break from life......enjoying my family, my dog, Roger (don't laugh), my bed, cooking, crafting, sleeping in, cooking at home (this is special), sewing, visiting with friends, starting my blog, getting more ideas.........

also, i was thinking about how i sign off...and well, joy to you...???? really?  that's kind of dorky.....my cousin uses what i say most which is Ciao, on her blog....well, can't use that....im just unsure.....maybe it should be something new each time...depending on how im feeling?  yeah, thats what ill do...thanks for the help......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment