Friday, February 11, 2011

no- title-kind-of- day

it has been an eventful few days.......the SUN came out and is slowly melting all of this snow...THANK GOODNESS!  i love the snow, don't get me wrong, but i cannot have another day without routine.......i do NOT ever want to cook again.....(well except i am cooking tomorrow for a friend who got out of the hospital.....but that's no biggie...i would do ANYTHING for her)
What is it about food and snow?  ok, I joined Weight Watchers...AGAIN.......i love the program, but let me give you a little tip.......(in a whisper) (you actually have to do it for it to work!)  i KNOW!  crazy, right???  but really, i feel like i should win a prize for joining the MOST times.....buti did say this was the LAST time i am joining, because i am GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME!!!(and make lifetime, so i don't ever have to pay again)!  so now that i am blogging i'm going to have to be accountable to you........
Jennifer Hudson looks AWESOME!!!! She has inspired me..........

and so you know, i am also very ADD about dieting ,in case you hadn't noticed......i do great the first two weeks and i lose 5-10 lbs, then i think i can eat whatever.....???????seriously? 

so in the past few days i have been bouncing from project to project......i have half a pillow started, lots of flowers i have made, one completed necklace for my daughter, 2 banners to paint for my doors, some material ready to make a scarf, a necklace partway put together for myself, and a picture half painted for my sis in laws bday that was on wed.....throw that mixed in with going sledding with 3 children, 1 teenager, my mom and myself..........and YES, i did some sledding......honestly it was the MOST fun i have had in a LONG time.....and i didn't get hurt......i went down the hill twice, and walked up...that was the part that nearly killed me.......i thought they were gonna have to call 911...ok not really....i actually did pretty good......but i was huffin and puffin for SHO!  guess i really should exercise.........and i have a video to prove that i indeed did sled.....that is when my mom sends it to me.....and she also sledded.....i am proud of her......she is one, HIP GRAMI........
btw, is sledded a word?

so, guess what?  the kids wanted to go again today, so i drug myself off of the couch, tried to brush my hair and took them....now mind you, i hadn't washed my hair in a couple of days and when i tell you it looked bad, that was an understatement! it was sticking straight up at the crown of my head......i wish i had taken a picture to show you how bad....ok, no i dont......my daughter actually said to me, "Momma, i think those people just honked at your hair."  she's a funny one.........

so, i decided i would post a picture of something that i DID finish.....it was a canvas i was playing with this fall......wasn't really sure how it would turn out, still not sure, but my friend liked it and i gave it to her as one of her bday presents......
kinda messy, kinda fun..........gonna try more kinda like it........

and this.....sorry about the fuzzy picture.........i made this for my sister in law........it is painted, collaged, then painted again........

this idea originally started out with an idea for our boss who was retiring....since we are an "arts academy" i thought it fitting we give her a piece of art created especially for her..........so i finally came up with the idea that i could make a vase and all of the teachers could make a flower to contribute...then i would add the finishing touches.......
and this is our finished product........
so then, i started making a few of my own as gifts........


ok, well i feel better!
have a wonderful night....blessings, rob

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I am just tracking what I eat (and that was an eyeopener) on livestrong.com Its working for me. I may have a close 2nd to you in the most times to join weight watchers. HAHA. I am actually a life time member and when I was at my goal weight (age 21) it was exactly 1/2 of what I weigh now. YIKES! Best of luck. You can do it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LeeAnn.....I am so proud of you...you are doing amazing......thanks for reading.....
    well, we can cheer each other on to success!!!!

    ReplyDelete