Saturday, February 5, 2011

a few of my projects

today has been uneventful.....we have been off schedule for 6 days now....and i will admit, it is starting to get to me......all i want to do is eat.....i really don't think i could stay at home full-time.....but i have made LOTS of flowers, started a pillow, made canvas banners to paint, sewed a curtain for my craft room, AND cooked some really yummy food....one night i made The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Tortilla Soup.....(although i did change a few things) look below at the finished product....

                                          YUM!

I also made my own Pineapple Salsa....it used to be Mango Salsa.....but sometimes i leave out the mango.....so this week it was Pineapple Salsa!
it is so yummy, fresh, easy, and healthy!!(especially yummy on a cold, snowy night! ha!)  ok, it is my favorite summer salsa, but i was craving it.....

Robin's Pineapple-Mango Salsa
i don't really do measuring...so use your best judgement..lol

1 whole fresh pineapple (or 1-2 cans of pineapple tidbits)
6-8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch cilantro, de-stemmed(if that's a word) and chopped
10-12 jarred, sliced jalepenos, chopped
1-2 tbsp of lime juice
sea salt and Lawrey's to taste
(I like it better if it has had alittle bit to sit in the fridge)
Serve with tortilla chips!


And one last little thing......i made this frame for a friend for Christmas......i bought a cheap, unfinished frame from Michael's, painted the edges and back black, cut scrapbook to fit, Mod Podged it on (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff), sanded the edges, glued the bow and flower on, and TA-DA!

joy to you....rob
sweet dreams!

2 comments:

  1. The photos are coming up well! I have got to make that soup. :) I saw a frame at a gift shop the other day that reminded me of the ones you make...it was painted shabby black and had a cheetah print bow and a little button in the middle of the bow that said "meow." Super cute for a cat photo and the thing was $60!!! I was like, "Um, no." LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really thought about selling some...among other things.....might need to since we are on our 5th straight day out of school.......!!!!This is CRAZINESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete